As a child...
… already connected to dancing and the desire to move, I danced ballet at a young age and then got into the intensive training of rhythmic gymnastics. I was in the Austrian national team for a few years and ended my career in competitive sports with a World Championships participation in 2008 due to injury.
I’ve always loved the combination of music, dance and the creativity that comes with it. Even the hard, daily training, in which I often reached my physical and mental limits, had its charm for me at that time.
After my career, in addition to my studies, I have also completed an education as a dance teacher and sports coach. I could continue performing my sport without any pressure which is why my passion for flexibility training became more and more important. I realized that there is no need of pressure and tears to reach your goals. During my time in competitive sports I was lacking fun and a healthy approach which is why I want to pass these components along with my athletic experience on my students.
If I can do it, you can do it too!
At the age of 16, I had a near-fatal accident. I broke my neck vertebrae in preparation for the European Championship, was paralyzed from the neck down for a short time and felt myself wheelchairbound for the rest of my life. Nevertheless, this time was one of the most valuable in my life. I had to live in a plaster from head to stomach for 8 weeks, which taught me patience.
I couldn’t compete in the European Championships, which taught me renunciation. I had surgery and was able to move almost as I did before, which taught me gratitude. I fought my way back into competitive sport and took part in the World Championships eight months later. This taught me perseverance and the knowledge that we can achieve anything if we want to and do something about it.
Many people do not trust themselves enough, do not believe in their potential and allow themselves to be restricted by social conventions. It is important to me that each of my students strengthens their self-esteem, which contributes significantly to progress. It all starts with a thought.
If I can do it, you can do it too!
- Self employed and owner of “Boho Stretching” (March 2018)
- Dance and flexibility coach at the regional gymnastics team (Vorarlberg gymnastics team November 2017 – July 2018)
- Dance teacher in Dornbirn (Dance Art School March – July 2017)
- Trainer in the regional team of rhythmic gymnastics (Vorarlberg gymnastics team 2014 – 2019)
- Member of the Austrian national team of rhythmic gymnastics (2002 – 2008)
- Qualification for the DanceStar World Championship Lyrical Dance Professional League in Porec (Zell am See March 2018)
- Silver Medal in Lyrical Dance at the DanceStar Live Qualifiers Championships (Zell am See March 2018)
- World Championship participation in Rhythmic Gymnastics (Patras 2007)
- Austrian national group champion (2004, 2007)
- Dance Show Indian Wedding in Paris (November 2021)
- 37 Dance Shows in Qingdao/China (July – August 2018)
- Member of the Dance Company Junges Ensemble (Anne Thaeter 2015 – 2017)
- Various dance and contorsion performances throughout Europe (Das Spielvolk 2012 – 2017)
- Vital 4 Brain – Simply Strong (Februar 2020)
- Flexibility mobility further education (Olympic Centre Vorarlberg April 2018)
- Certified Trainer (Olympic Centre Vorarlberg December 2016)
- Certified dance teacher (Dance Art School May 2014)
- Higher school certificate (Sport High School Dornbirn 2008)